E2 Series (Engineers Employed) Fall 2021
The Engineers Employed Series or better known as E2 Series, was created by the College of Engineering to ensure that students majoring in Engineering at the University of Arkansas will be better prepared to enter the workforce. Through various professional development workshops and events, UA College of Engineering students will be equipped to face the challenges associated with the job search process and finding a career that best suits their interests, motivational traits, personality, values, abilities, aptitudes, personal work styles, and work environment preferences.
The E2 Series consists of career readiness workshops, career fairs/events, and employer/student meet and greets that will allow students the opportunity to interact with local, regional, and national employers looking to hire engineers. Students will learn how to create eye-catching resumes, interview effectively, and network with employers that are promoting open positions.
Our FALL 2021 workshops and events are offered either in-person or virtually. This information is indicated below.
- Graduate Student Symposium: Mock Conference Mixer (IN-PERSON)
- Wednesday, September 15 - 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- DEADLINE to REGISTER: Friday, September 10 5pm (Limited Space Available) https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779759
- Graduate students will learn about and practice conference networking skills.
- Connecting with Companies that Don't Come to Campus (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday, September 23 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- DEADLINE to REGISTER: Friday, September 17 by 5pm https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779847
- Learn from a panel of alumni how to find jobs with companies that do not attend the STEM Career Fair.
- STEM Employer Resume Reviews (IN-PERSON)
- Tuesday, September 28 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- No registration required! https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779863
- Have your resume critiqued by an industry employer prior to the STEM Career Fair.
- Pre-STEM Mixer (IN-PERSON)
- Tuesday, September 28 - 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- DEADLINE to REGISTER: Monday, September 20 by 5pm https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779890
- Network with employers prior to the STEM Career Fair.
- STEM Career Fair (IN-PERSON)
- Wednesday, September 29 - 10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Bud Walton Arena | No Registration Required https://uark.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/25432
- Thursday, October 7 - 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. | Virtual | Register in both Handshake and Airmeet https://uark.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/25587
- Not all employers will attend both fairs.
- Self-Advocacy: Finding a Mentor and Creating a Supportive Environment (IN-PERSON)
- Tuesday, October 5 - 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- BELL 1108G https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779931
- Learn from a panel of professionals how to find a mentor to support you during your internship or full-time job.
- Navigating Salary Negotiations: Practice with the Pros (IN-PERSON)
- Monday, October 11 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- BELL 1108G https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779962
- Learn tips and practice your negotiation skills with an employer and career counselor.
- Technical Interviewing Tips (IN-PERSON)
- Thursday, October 14 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- BELL 1108G https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events/779968
- Learn about technical interviewing from alumni and employers. This workshop is for all majors.
- Technology & Innovation Mixer (VIRTUAL)
- Thursday, October 28 - 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- REGISTER in both Handshake and Airmeet https://uark.joinhandshake.com/career_fairs/25685
- Connect with Arkansas technology employers.
- AMA's - Ask Me Anything (VIRTUAL)
- Mondays, September 13 to October 18 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- REGISTER in Handshake https://uark.joinhandshake.com/events
- Ask alumni in data science, pharmaceuticals, government, environment & sustainability, consulting, and manufacturing about their careers.
If you have questions regarding the E2 Series, please contact Margot Purdy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the University Career Development Center at 479-575-2805 or email email@example.com.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.