An internship is a work-related learning experience for individuals who wish to develop hands on work experience in a certain occupational field. An internship might be paid or unpaid and could be done during your college years or after you graduate. An internship is a good way to build your resume and make youself more marketable to employers. Depending on your major you might be able to receive academic credit for an internship (ask in your department).
How do you find an internship? Here are some ideas:
- Check Razorback CareerLink on the Career Development Center website (career.uark.edu) for a listing of internships.
- Use Google to find internship listings in your specific academic area. Try different word combinations like "journalism internships" or "writing internships"
- Get your resume ready and go to the website of specific companies or organizations where you would like to have an internship, many will have internships listed on their website
- Go to job fairs on campus and ask employers if they have internship programs
- Use your chamber of commerce listing to identify local businesses and then contact them about an internship
Try these websites for internships: