According to the University of Arkansas, "The major in marketing is designed to prepare students for careers involving product planning, distribution, promotion, and pricing strategies in profit or nonprofit organizations. In addition to a broad overview of the marketing functions within organizations, students are provided with knowledge and skills in consumer behavior, marketing research, and strategic marketing.
Students majoring in marketing are actively subjected to problem-solving situations, both domestic and international, where a variety of contemporary tools are employed to stimulate the strategic decision-making process. Supportive disciplines with which the marketer should be familiar include psychology, sociology, accounting, economics, statistics, quantitative analysis, and research methodology.
The marketing major is intended to provide students with broad knowledge and skills in marketing applicable to a wide range of profit and nonprofit organizations."
StreetID - A comprehensive, financial services-focused matchmaking and news site that efficiently connects hiring managers with candidates based on compatibility. The website's innovative search criteria is custom designed for the finance industry and cannot be found on any other online recruiting website. Candidates are not lost in the black hole of resume piles or job boards. StreetID allows candidate's credentials to speak for themselves.
Occupational Outlook Handbook - The following links also provide a summary of the career, what they do, the work environment, how to become one, the job outlook, similar occupations and contacts for more information.
- Average Pay - Market Research Analysts
- Average Pay - Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers
- Average Pay - Accountants and Auditors
- Average Pay - Human Resources Specialists
- Average Pay - Financial Managers
- Average Pay - Administrative Services Managers
- Average Pay - Top Executives
- Average Pay - Human Resources Managers
- Average Pay - Purchasing Managers, Buyers and Purchasing Agents
- Average Pay - Securities, Commodities and Financial Service Sales Agents
- Average Pay - Insurance Sales Agents
- Average Pay - Sales Managers
- Average Pay - Real Estate Brokers and Sales Agents
- Average Pay - Sales Engineers
- Average Pay - Wholesale and Manufacturing Sales Representatives
- Average Pay - Loan Officers
Careers in Business - A list of business career options and job opportunities.
Careers in Marketing - A list of marketing career options and job opportunities.