Virtual E2 Series (Engineers Employed) Spring 2021
The Engineers Employed Series or better known as E2 Series, was created by the College of Engineering to ensure that students majoring in Engineering at the University of Arkansas will be better prepared to enter the workforce. Through various professional development workshops and events, UA College of Engineering students will be equipped to face the challenges associated with the job search process and finding a career that best suits their interests, motivational traits, personality, values, abilities, aptitudes, personal work styles, and work environment preferences.
The E2 Series consists of career readiness workshops, career fairs/events, and employer/student meet and greets that will allow students the opportunity to interact with local, regional, and national employers looking to hire engineers. Students will learn how to create eye-catching resumes, interview effectively, and network with employers that are promoting open positions. Due to COVID-19 and the limit of students/employers on campus for the Spring 2021 semester, all events will be held virtually. Unless noted for a particular event below, please check your UARK email for event log-in instructions prior to each event.
- Get Involved: Professional Organizations, Student Groups, & Networking
- Tuesday, January 19 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Once registered, join via MS Teams Link https://tinyurl.com/y44x79u2
- Presentation on how to begin networking and the importance of getting involved
- Acing the Interview: Tips & Practice
- Wednesday, February 3 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Once registered, join via MS Teams Link https://tinyurl.com/y5wbbe96
- Learn how to prepare for an interview through proven best practices
- Creating a Stand-Out Resume & Cover Letter
- Monday, February 15 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Once registered, join via MS Teams Link https://tinyurl.com/yxn8n3zd
- Presentation on how to create a quality resume and cover letter
- Co-op CHAT: Consider How Advantageous the Training
- Wednesday, February 17 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Once registered, join via MS Teams Link https://tinyurl.com/y3u4xdu8
- Learn the advantages and process of registering for the engineering co-op course
- STEM Resume Reviews
- Thursday, February 25 - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- No Registration Required! Join via MS Teams link https://tinyurl.com/ycqb2xod
- Walmart will be reviewing resumes for this event
- Ready. Set. STEM! Powered by Walmart
- Thursday, February 25 - 5:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
- To register go to https://www.airmeet.com/e/72834760-3fc7-11eb-82a7-2fe886b63ac1
- Deadline to Register: Friday, February 19 by 5 p.m.
- Network and hear from Walmart employees about working in a STEM-related field at Walmart
- STEM Employer Resume Reviews
- Tuesday, March 2 - 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- No Registration Required! Join via MS Teams link https://tinyurl.com/y92jcszx
- Have your resume critiqued and connect with an engineering employer
- STEM Virtual Career Fair
- Wednesday, March 3 - 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- To register go to https://www.airmeet.com/e/17e7b360-3390-11eb-ab2b-63427caece33
- Meet STEM employers in a virtual format looking to hire for both internships and full-time job opportunities.
- The Art of the Job Search & Salary Negotiation
- Tuesday, March 9 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Once registered, join via MS Teams link https://tinyurl.com/y37vbfvm
- Workshop designed to help you successfully navigate your job search and salary negotiations.
If you have questions regarding the E2 Series, please contact Margot Purdy at email@example.com.
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the University Career Development Center at 479-575-2805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.