E2 Series (Engineers Employed) Spring 2020
The Engineers Employed Series, better known as E2 Series, was created by the College of Engineering to ensure that students majoring in engineering at the University of Arkansas will be better prepared to enter the workforce. Through various professional development workshops and events, UA College of Engineering students will be equipped to face the challenges associated with job searching and find a career that best suits their interests, motivational traits, personality, values, abilities, aptitudes, personal work styles, and work environment preferences.
The E2 Series consists of resume and interview workshops & critiques, company tours, and a few employer/student meet and greets that will allow students the opportunity to interact with local, regional, as well as national employers looking to hire engineers. Students will learn how to create eye-catching resumes, interview effectively, and network with employers that are promoting open positions.
- On-Campus & Summer Job Fair (ARKU International Connections Lounge)
- Thursday, January 23 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- No Registration Required
- Talk to UofA campus departments about part-time, work study, internship, and research positions open throughout the year and summer months.
- Graduate Student Symposium: Resume/CV & LinkedIn Workshop (Bell 2291)
- Monday, February 10 - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Deadline to sign up: Thursday, February 6 by 5 p.m.
- 45 minute to 1 hour presentation to learn great tips for your Resume/CV and best ways to navigate and utilize LinkedIn
- Financial Literacy Workshop: Led by Raymond James Financial (Engineering Hall, 209)
- Tuesday, February 11 - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Friday, February 7 by 5:00 p.m.
- 45 minute to 1 hour presentation led by a financial advisor from Raymond James talking about how to invest your money when you land that full-time job.
- Post-Graduate Visa Options for International Students (Engineering Hall 304)
- Monday, February 17 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Wednesday, February 12 by 5 p.m.
- Come hear a presentation by Arthur Serratelli, immigration law attorney on different visa options international students have after graduation when looking for work.
- STEM Resume Reviews (Arkansas Union International Connections Lounge)
- Thursday, February 27 - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Walmart reviewing resumes)
- Tuesday, March 10 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- No Registration Required
- Get your resume critiqued before the STEM fair by one of our career counselors, career development staff members, or industry engineers that will be helping out.
- Ready.Set.STEM! Powered by Walmart (Arkansas Union, Room 507 & 508)
- Thursday, February 27 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. (Panel Discussion)
- Networking reception - 5:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Friday, February 21 by 5 p.m.
- Network and hear from different Walmart employees about the day and life of working in a STEM area for Walmart.
- STEM Career Fair (Bud Walton Arena)
- Wednesday, March 11 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- No registration required
- Meet over 100 employers looking to hire engineers for internship or full-time job opportunities.
- Shuttle to Bud Walton Arena will meet on Dickson Street outside of Bell
- Salary Negotiation Workshop (Bell 2291)
- Monday, March 16 - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Friday, March 13 by 5 p.m.
- Identify the steps of salary and benefits negotiation and how to communicate those to employers. You will be able to create a negotiation strategy by the end of this workshop.
- Spring Break Company Tours - Kansas City, MO
- Monday, March 23 - Wednesday, March 25
- We will tour 5-6 companies in the Kansas City Metro Area
- Deadline to apply: Monday, February 17 by 5 p.m.
- Join other students and College of Engineering staff members as we tour Kansas City, MO based companies. Trip includes meals, transportation, lodging, and a fun activity.
- Must apply by sending resume to Brian Henderson at email@example.com
If you have questions regarding the E2 Series, please contact Brian Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-6265.
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the University Career Development Center at 479-575-2805 or email email@example.com.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.