E2 Series (Engineers Employed) Spring 2018
The Engineers Employed Series, better known as E2 Series, was created by the College of Engineering to ensure that students majoring in engineering at the University of Arkansas will be better prepared to enter the workforce. Through various professional development workshops and events, UA College of Engineering students will be equipped to face the challenges associated with job searching and find a career that best suits their interests, motivational traits, personality, values, abilities, aptitudes, personal work styles, and work environment preferences.
The E2 Series consists of resume and interview workshops & critiques, company tours, and a few employer/student meet and greets that will allow students the opportunity to interact with local, regional, as well as national employers looking to hire engineers. Students will learn how to create eye-catching resumes, interview effectively, and network with employers that are promoting open positions.
- Sooie Suit Up with JCPenny (Northwest Arkansas Mall - JCPenny)
- Sunday, January 28 - 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Register here: http://career.uark.edu/cdc/students/events/sooiesuitup/
- Special event at the JCPenny NWA mall location where students will have the opportunity to purchase an entire men's or women's suit, including shirts/blouses and shoes, for 40% - 70% off
- Engineer your Resume/Advanced Topics (BELL 1108E)
- Wednesday, January 31 - 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Monday, January 29 by 5 p.m.
- 45 minutes to 1 hour presentation on creating an advanced resume. Learn how to highlight your skills and market those skills on paper to catch the employer's eye.
- Educate an Engineer Panel Discussion: Sustainable Engineering Jobs (BELL 2286)
- Tuesday, February 13 - 5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Deadline to sign up: Friday, February 9 by 5 p.m.
- Panel of Engineers talking about sustainable engineering jobs that are available
- STEM Resume Reviews (Chemical Engineering Study Lounge & Arkansas Union)
- Wednesday, February 21 - 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (BELL 2255)
- Monday, February 26 - 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (Arkansas Union)
- No Registration Required
- Get your resume critiqued before the STEM fair by one of our career counselors, career development staff members, or industry engineers that will be helping out.
- Ready.Set.STEM! Powered by Walmart (BELL Auditorium, 2282)
- Wednesday, February 21 - 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Networking reception - 4:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. (CHEG Study Lounge, Bell 2255)
- Deadline to sign-up for reception: Friday, February 16 by 12:00 p.m.
- Network and hear from different Walmart employees about the day and life of working in a STEM area for Walmart.
- STEM Career Fair (Fayetteville Town Center, 15 W. Mountain St., Fayetteville, AR)
- Tuesday, February 27 - 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. & 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- No registration required
- Meet over 100 employers looking to hire engineers for internship or full-time job opportunities.
- AAUW Start Smart Salary Negotiation Workshop (BELL 1108E)
- Wednesday, March 7 - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Friday, March 2 by 5 p.m.
- 2 hour long presentation on identifying the steps of salary and benefits negotiation as well as understanding the gender wage gap. You will be able to create a negotiation strategy by the end of this workshop.
- Spring Break Company Tours - Tulsa, OK
- Monday, March 19 - Wednesday, March 21
- We will tour 6-7 companies in the Tulsa, OK area over spring break
- Deadline to apply: Friday, February 16 by 5 p.m.
- Join other students and College of Engineering staff members as we tour Tulsa, OK based companies. Trip includes meals, transportation, lodging, and a fun activity to be determined at a later time.
- Must apply by sending resume to Brian Henderson at email@example.com
- Tech Talks: How Technology is Transforming Businesses (BELL 2269)
- Thursday, April 5 - 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Deadline to sign up: Monday, April 2 by 5 p.m.
- Hear from 4-5 local companies about how technology is impacting their industry and get a chance to network after the event.
- Graduate Student Symposium: Job Searching at a Conference (Bell 1108G)
- Monday, April 9 - 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Deadline to sign-up: Friday, April 6 by 5 p.m.
- Presentation led by UA faculty about job searching tips for graduate students while they are attending a conference (Lunch will be provided)
- Etiquette Dinner (Arkansas Union Ballroom)
- Wednesday, April 25 - 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Deadline to sign up: Monday, April 13 by 5 p.m.
- Learn the proper etiquette skills needed for career networking and job interviews, which often include lunches and dinners.
- Must RSVP at https://goo.gl/forms/hEjoPRTMFE
If you have questions regarding the E2 Series, please contact Brian Henderson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 479-575-6265.
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the University Career Development Center at 479-575-2805 or email email@example.com.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.