Refund/Cancellation/Inclement Weather Policy
Refunds & Cancellations
Cancellations will be accepted provided that notification is given in writing to the UA Career Development Center. Cancellations must be sent via e-mail to Robert Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org and must be received by the stated cancellation and refund deadlines listed below.
All Career Fair/Career Event payments are due seven calendar days prior to the event by 5pm. If payment is not made by that date, your career fair registration may be canceled and your organization will be charged a processing fee of 25% of the total amount of registration fees due.
If you must cancel your registration after payment is made, a full refund will be made if requested via email no later than 14 days prior to the event. 50% will be refunded upon request for cancellations during the week before the event, and no refunds will be given for cancellations occurring within 72 hours of any scheduled event.
- Organizations with any outstanding fees will not be permitted to attend future career fairs until their account is paid in full.
- Organizations with outstanding fees will be sent two past-due notices. If the organization has not paid their account in full by the deadline date noted on the second notice, the past-due invoice will be deferred to the University Treasurer's Office for collection.
- In the event that severe weather, natural disasters, or other acts of God outside of the registrant's control prevents attendance at a career fair/event, upon written request the registered organization may receive a 100% credit towards another fair/event that the Career Center hosts within one year of the missed event or may request a 75% refund. Please note that there is a separate policy in the event that a career fair is canceled by the CDC for inclement weather or other acts of God.
If a registration has been made and fees paid and your organization is a "no-show" for a career fair/event, registration fees will not be refunded or credited toward any future career fair or career event.
No-shows will incur a 100% registration fee charge, as well as any other applicable charges based on the original registration request (extra tables, electricity, additional representatives, etc). Failure to pay will prevent the organization from registering for future events until full payment is made.
Inclement Weather or Other Acts of God
If severe weather, natural disasters, or other acts of God outside of the Career Center's control prevent an event from occuring on the scheduled date, the UA Career Development Center will attempt to reschedule the event (i.e. ...will attempt to reschedule the event or provide a comparable online alternative). If the organization still chooses to participate on the rescheduled date, all fees, as well as, cancellation policies will apply. Due to organizations receiving exposure through the Career Development Center's website and due to expenses incurred in order to host the fair or career event, if we cannot reschedule the event, upon your notification and written request at least one (1) business day prior to the scheduled event, a refund of 75% of the total amount of registration fees paid will be refunded to the registered organizations. In addition, upon your notification and written request to our office, if your organization cannot attend the rescheduled event, a refund of 75% of the total amount of registration fees paid will be refunded to your organization.
If the University has a delayed start the day of an event due to inclement weather, the event will have a delayed start matching the time the University has announced opening and will run until the scheduled ending time. For example, if the University announces a delayed start time of 12:00 pm, the STEM Fair will run from 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm. If lunch was to be provided for an event, it will still be provided.
Please consult the following for official news regarding the event status/schedule:
- UA Career Development Center at 479-575-2805
- Robert Ellis at email@example.com
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the University Career Development Center at 479-575-2805 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.