Refund/Cancellation/Inclement Weather Policy
Refunds & Cancellations
Cancellations will be accepted provided that notification is given in writing to the UA Career Development Center. Cancellations must be sent via e-mail or in writing to Robert Ellis at email@example.com or UA Career Development Center, 607 ARKU, 1 University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701 and must be received by the stated cancellation and refund deadlines listed below.
All Career Fair payments are due 10 business days prior to the fairs by 5pm. If payment is not made by that date, your career fair registration may be canceled and your organization will be charged a processing fee of 25% of the total amount of registration fees due.
If you must cancel your registration after payment is made, a full refund will be made if requested in writing or via email by 5pm (CST) ten business days prior to the event. If cancellations are made after the 10 business day deadline, 75% of the total amount of registration fees paid will be refunded. No requests for refunds will be accepted after the scheduled career fair date.
- Organizations with any outstanding fees will not be permitted to attend future career fairs until their account is paid in full.
- Organizations with outstanding fees will be sent two past-due notices. If the organization has not paid their account in full by the deadline date noted on the second notice, the past due invoice will be deferred to the University Treasurer's Office for collection.
- In the event that severe weather, natural disasters, or other acts of God outside of the registrant's control prevents attendance at a career fair, the registered organization may receive a credit towards another fair of equal or lesser value within one year of the missed event upon request. Due to expenses incurred in facilitating these events, future credits will be issued in lieu of refunds. Please note that there is a separate policy in the event that a career fair is canceled by the CDC for inclement weather.
If a registration has been made and fees paid and your organization is a "no-show" for a career fair, registration fees will not be refunded or credited toward any future Career Fair.
No-shows or non-cancellations will incur a 100% registration fee charge, as well as any other applicable charges based on the original registration request (extra tables, electricity, additional representatives, etc). Failure to pay will prevent the organization from registering for future events until full payment is made.
Should inclement weather prevent an event from occurring on the scheduled date, the UA Career Development Center will attempt to reschedule the event. If the organization still chooses to participate on the rescheduled date, all fees, as well as, cancellation policies will apply. Due to organizations receiving exposure through the Career Development Center's website and due to expenses incurred in order to host the fair, if we cannot reschedule the event, a refund of 75% of the total amount of registration fees paid will be refunded to the registered organizations. In addition, upon your notification and request to our office, if your organization cannot attend the rescheduled event, a refund of 75% of the total amount of registration fees paid will be refunded to your organization.
No-show, no cancellation, or companies that cannot attend due to inclement weather in their area will incur a 100% registration fee charge, as well as any other applicable charges based on the original registration request (extra tables, electricity, additional representatives, etc). Failure to pay will prevent the organization from registering for future events until full payment is made.
Please consult the following for official news regarding the event status/schedule:
- UA Career Development Center at 479-575-2805
- Robert Ellis at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need an accommodation to fully participate in this event, please contact the University Career Development Center at 479-575-2805 or email email@example.com.
The University of Arkansas is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution.